Our Lady of the Lakes Human Concerns Committee
Thank you to everyone who helped make our April 2021 Blood Drive a success! 44 units of blood were collected!
This committee represents Our Lady of the Lakes by fulfilling our baptismal call to serve one another. We are to serve the poor, hungry and those in need of advocacy. We serve those within our church and local community.
- To help parishioners get involved in the community through education and/or service
- To inform parisioners of our efforts via the quarterly newsletter and bulletin
Our Commitee Members & Volunteers
Committee Lead-Suzanne Biedenbender
Members-Pat Davis, Louise Feider, Amanda Gronemeyer, Ana Rysavy, Kathryn Sepstead, Bonnie Steffen
- Food Pantry-Throughout the year, we promote and collect items for the local food pantry, Random Lake Area Interfaith Food Pantry.
- Lent-During Lent, we collect hygeine products for St. Ben's Capuchin Community Services in Milwaukee.
- Blood Drives-In spring and fall, we conduct a blood drive for the American Red Cross in our Parish Center.
- November-We set up an Eternal Life Tree in church, on which parisioners can put memorial cards of their deceased relatives and friends. We also organize knitting and crocheting hats, mittens, and scarves for the food pantry.
- Advent-We set up a Giving Tree in church with paper ornaments listing items needed for Mary's Room in Sheboygan, classroom items for Divine Savior Catholic School, and Christmas items for the food pantry.
- December-We assemble Christmas gift bags for residents at Gables on the Pond Assisted Living and distribute them at their Christmas party. The items for the gift bags are donated by the parishioners.
- Greeting cards-We send out Christmas and Easter cards to our homebound parisioners.
Our Meeting Minutes