Our Lady of the Lakes Human Concerns Committee
This committee represents Our Lady of the Lakes by fulfilling our baptismal call to serve one another. We are to serve the poor, hungry and those in need of advocacy. We serve those within our church and local community.
- To help parishioners get involved in the community through education and/or service
- To inform parisioners of our efforts via the quarterly newsletter and bulletin
Our Commitee Members
Committee Lead - Suzanne Biedenbender
Members - Pat Davis, Leon Jacoby, Betty Mayer, Kathryn Sepstead, Ana Rysavy, & Penny Wessing
Council Liaison - Marilyn Sabec
- Food Pantry - Throughout the year, we promote and collect items for the local food pantry, Random Lake Area Interfaith Food Pantry.
- Blood Drives - In spring and fall, we conduct a blood drive for the American Red Cross in our Parish Center.
- Greeting cards - We send out Easter and Christmas cards to our homebound parisioners.
- Lent - During Lent, we collect hygeine products for St. Ben's Capuchin Community Services in Milwaukee.
- November - We set up an Eternal Life Tree in church, on which parisioners can put memorial cards of their deceased relatives and friends. We also organize knitting and crocheting hats, mittens, and scarves for the food pantry.
- Advent - We set up a Giving Tree in church with paper ornaments listing items needed for Mary's Room in Sheboygan, classroom items for Divine Savior Catholic School, and Christmas items for the food pantry.
- December - We assemble Christmas gift bags for residents at Gables on the Pond Assisted Living to be distributed on St. Nicholas Day. The items for the gift bags are donated by the parishioners.
Our Meeting Minutes